GENOVESE JOBLOVE & BATTISTA CONTINUES DECADE-LONG RECOGNITION IN CHAMBERS USA
Firm Earns Top Honors in Bankruptcy & Restructuring in Florida and Ranks Among Top Firms in Country for Franchising
MIAMI, FL – (July 5, 2016) – Chambers & Partners, a widely-respected, leading legal guide that ranks and reviews lawyers and law firms in an extensive range of practice areas throughout the world, has once again recognized Genovese Joblove & Battista (GJB) in its 2016 edition of Chambers USA. The firm has been listed in the preeminent directory since 2004.
GJB received the highest recognition, Band 1 honors, in Bankruptcy & Restructuring in Florida, ranking among the most prominent firms in the state within the practice area. The firm was also recognized among the top firms in the country for its Franchise practice.
The annual directory recognized the firm's reputation advising clients in a variety of complex, commercial bankruptcy transactions and related litigation, including Chapter 11 cases, directors' liability and malpractice arising out of insolvency, and purchasers of distressed assets. The firm was also credited for its strong reputation in franchise litigation, regularly representing franchisors in a variety of contentious matters, including wrongful termination claims, premises liability issues and bankruptcies.
Clients specifically regarded the firm as "an extraordinarily good litigation shop" and "an outstanding firm in the Southeast." Sources also lauded its "highly in-demand litigators and counsel for bankruptcy matters" and ability to "bring all their strengths together on any sophisticated case."
Chambers USA also recognized five of the firm's attorneys as Notable Practitioners, including:
- Paul J. Battista - Regarded for his insolvency litigation and transactional work. "Has all the attributes that you need to be a good bankruptcy lawyer. He has a command of the courtroom, knows how businesses work, knows the law and has high respect at all levels."
- David C. Cimo - Described as "a fierce litigator and a very good lawyer" with a strong litigation practice with a focus on creditors' rights, bankruptcy and restructuring issues and representing clients in both federal and state courts.
- John H. Genovese - Well-known for advising on loan workouts and an array of complex commercial and bankruptcy litigation. "Very articulate, a very effective courtroom lawyer and a skilled strategist. He offers a bridge between restructuring and litigation and does a very fine job."
- Michael D. Joblove - Described as an "excellent attorney" and highly regarded for his franchise litigation practice, representing several high-profile franchisors in the restaurant industry.
- Jesus M. Suarez - Recognized for operating a broad practice encompassing creditors' rights, commercial litigation and real estate transactional work. According to the directory, he wins acclaim from sources for being "thorough, aggressive and well prepared. He's a good advocate."
About Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A.
Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A. (GJB) was established in 1999 by founding partners John H. Genovese, Michael D. Joblove, and Paul J. Battista. Today, GJB has grown steadily to become a major regional firm with offices in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and an affiliate office in Caracas, serving clients throughout the U.S. GJB attorneys are recognized for their experience representing clients in large and complex litigation in a number of areas, including bankruptcy, insolvency, receiverships, franchises, and general commercial matters, as well as white collar, real estate, employment law, class actions, and securities litigation. The firm and its affiliate, GJB Consulting, also counsel clients in local, state and federal government matters. For more information, visit www.gjb-law.com.