Please send an email to attorney Michael D. Joblove if you would like more information about our firm's Real Estate Litigation practice.
GJB has one of Florida's leading real estate litigation practices. Our attorneys have represented developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and professionals for more than 20 years, including Minto Communities, Inc., one of South Florida's largest developers. Other prominent real estate clients have included KB Home, Bendersen Development, Capital Realty Services, and Affiniti Architects.
We represent our real estate clients through all stages of litigation, trial, and appeal. Recent engagements include the successful defense at trial of a construction defect suit involving a 322-unit condominium community and recovery of hundreds of thousands of dollars in professional fees incurred to defend the action. Our attorneys achieved early dismissal of a highly publicized class action lawsuit brought by 2,000 homeowners in Broward County against more than 24 developers and contractors in pursuit of significant damages from dynamite blasting used to excavate large tracts of land for development. Our lawyers have also successfully litigated against local governments regarding concurrency issues arising in planned communities of more than 4,000 homes.
Our real estate litigation attorneys have expertise in a number of areas relating to land development, including the following:
- Contract disputes involving developers, contractors, subcontractors, and purchasers of real property
- Construction defect litigation
- Consulting and litigation with local governments involving traffic and school concurrency issues;
- Creation of planned unit developments, including declarations and public offerings used in condominium and non-condominium communities
- Representing architects in proceedings before the Department of Professional Regulation
- Environmental litigation, including clean-up of hazardous wastes, compliance with consent decrees, and defense against government allegations of destruction of environmentally sensitive lands
- Litigation of zoning and development rights in the context of bankruptcy proceedings
- Quiet title actions
- Wrongful death actions
- Zoning litigation involving planned unit developments, developments of regional impact, and smaller communities
If you would like to speak with a member of our real estate litigation practice to discuss legal representation, or have any other question, please contact us at our Miami or Fort Lauderdale office. We will respond promptly and arrange for you to speak with a member of the firm with the appropriate experience.