FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Genovese Joblove & Battista Ranked Among “Best Law Firms”
by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®
Firm Earns Top National and Metropolitan Area Rankings with Twelve Partners Selected for Inclusion in the 2018 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
MIAMI (Nov. 17, 2017) – Miami-based Genovese Joblove & Battista (GJB), a leading business and trial firm serving clients throughout the U.S. and Latin America, is proud to announce that the firm has once again been recognized by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in its 2018 edition.
Notably, GJB received national rankings in three practice areas, including a Tier 1 national ranking in Franchise Law, placing it among the best law firms in the United States in this practice area. The firm also received national rankings in the areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; and Litigation – Real Estate.
In South Florida, the firm ranked in eight practice areas and secured Tier 1 rankings in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Commercial Litigation; and Franchise Law. The firm was also recognized in Corporate Law and Criminal Defense: White-Collar.
The U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process.
The “Best Law Firms” rankings follow the recently released 2018 version of Best Lawyers in America in which 12 of the firm’s partners were recognized in the 2018 edition, notably regarded as the oldest peer-review guide and most credible measure of legal integrity and distinction in the United States.
The selected attorneys and their respective practice areas include:
- Paul J. Battista – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- W. Barry Blum – Commercial Litigation and Franchise Law
- Allison R. Day – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Mark S. Feluren – Corporate Law
- Gregory M. Garno – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Mariaelena Gayo-Guitian – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- John H. Genovese – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Nina Greene – Franchise Law
- Michael D. Joblove – Commercial Litigation, Franchise Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property, and Litigation – Real Estate
- Glenn D. Moses – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Theresa Van Vliet – Criminal Defense: White Collar
Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Inclusion is based entirely on an exhaustive peer review survey in which tens of thousands of leading attorneys confidentially evaluate their professional peers in similar practice areas. For more than 30 years, Best Lawyers has earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere. The American Bar Association has called Best Lawyers “a thorough, reliable and valuable resource for all who seek the best in our profession.”
About Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A.
Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A. (GJB) was established in 1999 by founding partners John H. Genovese, Michael D. Joblove, and Paul J. Battista. Today, GJB has grown steadily to become a major regional firm with offices in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and an affiliate office in Caracas, serving clients throughout the U.S. GJB attorneys are recognized for their experience representing clients in large and complex litigation in a number of areas, including bankruptcy, insolvency, receiverships, franchises, and general commercial matters, as well as white collar, real estate, employment law, class actions, and securities litigation. The firm and its affiliate, GJB Consulting, also counsel clients in local, state and federal government matters. For more information, visit www.gjb-law.com.