FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Cindi Perantoni, [email protected]
Cristina Bermudez, [email protected]
Genovese Joblove & Battista Once Again Secures Top State & National Rankings in Chambers USA
GJB Recognized Among Top Law Firms in Florida for Bankruptcy & Restructuring and
Top Law Firms in the Country for Franchising
MIAMI, FL (June 11, 2018) – Miami-based Genovese Joblove & Battista (GJB) has once again been recognized as a leading law firm by Chambers & Partners in its 2018 edition of Chambers USA, the highly-regarded and definitive legal guide that ranks and reviews lawyers and law firms in an extensive range of practice areas throughout the world. The firm has been listed in the distinguished directory since 2004.
In Florida, GJB received Band 1 honors, the highest recognition possible, in Bankruptcy & Restructuring, ranking the firm among the best in the state within the practice area. GJB is one of only five law firms in the state of Florida to receive the Band 1 designation in Bankruptcy & Restructuring. The firm’s Franchise Practice was also recognized as among the top in the U.S.
The leading annual directory touted the firm's "dedication and skill" in bankruptcy matters and acknowledged its reputation for advising clients on a wide a wide variety of complex bankruptcy transactions and related litigation, including acting for a broad spectrum of debtors, trustees, purchasers and creditors. Specifically, the firm was recognized for its expertise with Chapter 11 cases, directors' liability matters and malpractice issues arising out of insolvency, and its involvement in cases across the USA, including in Delaware and New York, and its strong cross-border practice, especially in Latin America matters.
Additionally, Chambers USA recognized the firm’s strong national reputation in franchise litigation, regularly representing franchisors in a variety of contentious matters involving the franchise relationship, including wrongful termination claims, premises liability issues and bankruptcies while also providing counsel on drafting franchise disclosure documents and license agreements, and assisting in developing agreements and transactions with franchisees. The team was also recognized for assisting international franchisors with complex cross-border insolvency matters.
Chambers USA additionally ranked five of the firm’s attorneys in its 2018 guide:
- Paul J. Battista – Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Included as one of just three Star Individuals in the state of Florida, Battista is described by many as "wonderful" and was recognized for being well-versed in the full gamut of bankruptcy, restructuring and insolvency issues, including litigation work. He is characterized by peers as "a very strong negotiator" who is "very business-minded and very likable."
- Barry Blum – USA - Nationwide, Franchising – Included in the directory as a Recognized Practitioner who handles notable matters and has received recommendation during the course of Chambers research.
- John H. Genovese – Bankruptcy/Restructuring – As co-chair of the firm’s reorganization and bankruptcy practice, Genovese was recognized for his expertise in complex commercial litigation matters and significant experience in Chapter 11 cases and litigation concerning Ponzi schemes.
- Nina Greene – USA - Nationwide, Franchising – Included in the directory as a Recognized Practitioner who handles notable matters and has received recommendation during the course of Chambers research.
- Michael D. Joblove – USA - Nationwide, Franchising – Referred to by many as "excellent," Joblove is held in high regard for his work representing a number of significant national franchisors in complex disputes across the USA. A client says: "He is always available and really understands our business."
About Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A.
Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A. (GJB) was established in 1999 by founding partners John H. Genovese, Michael D. Joblove, and Paul J. Battista. Today, GJB has grown steadily to become a major regional firm with offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Fort Myers as well as an affiliate office in Caracas, serving clients throughout the U.S. GJB attorneys are recognized for their experience representing clients in large and complex litigation in a number of areas, including bankruptcy, insolvency, receiverships, franchises, and general commercial matters, as well as white collar, real estate, employment law, class actions, and securities litigation. The firm and its affiliate, GJB Consulting, also counsel clients in local, state and federal government matters. For more information, visit www.gjb-law.com.