Protecting Your Intellectual Property
GJB’s attorneys take an integrated approach to establishing and protecting trademarks and copyrights, as valued intangible assets for brands and businesses. Our trademark and copyright practice group helps clients identify and protect the integrity of their brands, develop intellectual property strategies and programs, obtain intellectual property rights, and assert and defend these rights in court.
In the area of trademarks, we focus on all aspects of domestic and international trademark work, including counseling, clearing trademarks for use, registration, licensing and enforcement. In addition, we have significant experience with domain name disputes and other Internet-related issues. In the area of copyrights, we protect and enforce copyrights through registration, counseling, agreements, and enforcement.
Our services include:
- Providing domestic and international trademark counseling, registration, renewal and risk analysis
- Prosecuting and defending oppositions, cancellations and appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Enforcing and defending trademark rights
- Providing copyright counseling, registration, clearance and protection
- Providing counseling on unfair competition, false advertising and trade disparagement
- Preparing and negotiating contracts relating to trademark licensing, merchandising, advertising, entertainment, publishing and rights of privacy and publicity
- Conducting due diligence reviews and negotiation of trademark and copyright provisions related to corporate deals and financings
If you would like to speak with a member of our trademark and copyright practice to discuss legal representation, or have any other question, please contact us at our Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa office. We will respond promptly and arrange for you to speak with a member of the firm with the appropriate experience.