Experienced Guidance For Land Use And Zoning Issues
GJB’s land use attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of local, state and federal land use, permitting, complex regulatory zoning, environmental compliance, and governmental issues. We represent landowners, developers, investors, and other entities at local, state and federal government levels as well as before boards and commissions. Our land use and zoning attorneys also represent municipalities and other regulatory agencies and authorities, giving us a balanced perspective on these matters.
At a project’s inception, our attorneys advise developers, businesses, lenders, and governmental entities on how to avoid challenges, while navigating complex regulatory permitting and enforcement issues that arise in the course of any development project. Our land use attorneys regularly provide services in the following areas:
- Coastal water development
- Comprehensive planning
- Concurrency requirements
- Covenants and deed restrictions
- Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs)
- Environmental permitting and compliance at a local, state and federal level
- Environmental issues involving assessments and remediation of environmentally contaminated lands, marine life, mitigation, and wetlands
- Governmental and regulatory takings
- Historic preservation
- Land use litigation
- Opportunity Zone issues
- Rezoning and master plans
- Tax and other governmental development incentive programs
- Vested rights issues
- Water and sewer issues
- Zoning and permitting issues
Guiding Developers And Municipalities
Our land use attorneys frequently team with other GJB attorneys in complementary practice areas, such as business, environmental, governmental, litigation and real estate, to provide fully integrated services to our clients.
If you would like to speak with a member of our land use and zoning practice to discuss legal representation, or have any other question, please contact us at our Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa office. We will respond promptly and arrange for you to speak with a member of the firm with the appropriate experience.